Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Shoe Review: American Eagle Sweetpea Canvas Wedges



The Shoe: American Eagle Sweetpea Canvas Wedge, White Sz. 9W
The Store: Payless
The Price: $14 USD




This week's reviews are all about rehashes. Favorite store had the most amazing fitting shoe or dress, but sold out before you could buy it? Never fear! Stores often use the same design, but update the pattern each season to match whatever the trend happens to be in style at the time. This is especially handy if you found something that fits amazingly, or, if you happened to have loved that article so much you wore it out and now need a replacement.

Pros: Versatile with many outfits, Available in wide-width, Mid-height wedge.
These are probably my favorite summer shoes, simply because they go with almost everything. Last summer's (or maybe the summer before that?)'s version had a kind of bow on the top, this summer has a little flower. Aside from those differences, let me assure you, they are the exact same shoe, same fit and all. The Sweetpea Wedge is available in 5 colors, and wide- and regular-width. Its 3.5" wedge heel with slight platform is neither so high, nor so heavy that it makes the wedge feel "clunky", and is a great choice for girls like myself who like heels, but are a bit unsteady in them.

Cons: ?
Honestly, I sat here for a good while and I couldnt think of anything I don't like about these wedges. I can't sing it's praises enough. The peep toe opening doesn't squash your toes, the sling back doesn't rub your heel raw. And there's enough cute colors to satisfy almost every taste.

The Verdict:
If the shoe fits, but it in every color. Or so a wise woman once said. I may have to pick up another pair of these simply because my other wedges are starting to wear out. I think I may want to pick up the berry color ones as well!!

Buy Online or In-store at Payless

No comments:

Post a Comment