Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Shoe Review



The Shoe: Riding Boots, Size 9.5W
The Store: Fashion Bug
The Price: $15 USD


>> DISCLAIMER <<
If you, or anyone reading this with you, goes in to a laughing fit when hearing the words "long" "wide" and "shaft" said in the same sentence, you should probably stop reading now.

Moving along now...
Simply put - I LOVE these boots. They are honestly one of the best purchases I've ever made. I've been in the market for calf high boots for as long as I can remember, but because I have Amazonian calves, I couldn't ever find boots that fit unless they laced up (and even then, the tongues are often too slim and you end up seeing flesh on either side!). Oh, sure, if I wanted to pay $300 or so, I could easily find boots that would fit me in the calf-region, but lets just say I have better things to spend my money on. So, not too long ago I was surfing on Fashion Bug's website, and I saw these beauties - I knew immediately that I had to have them!

Pro's: Wide and normal shaft sizes.
The elastic shaft on these boots hugs the legs tightly, but they're made to be worn with skinny jeans or leggings, so if you're wearing them with bare legs they are going to feel loose. The boots have adjustable straps on the calf and ankle that aren't just for show - they can actually be tightened or loosened to suit your needs.

Cons: Fake Leather?
This could go either way - I knew for the price I wasn't getting real leather boots, and even though it looks just fine, I would have liked the shaft to be sturdier feeling. That being said, these boots are Vegan-friendly, which is a plus, so take the non-leather construction as you will. That was truly the only downside.

The Verdict:
Buy, Buy, BUY. Things like this are going to go quick, but luckily Fashion Bug carries around four styles very similar to this boot (no longer online, can still be found in limited selection in-store). If you cant find these particular ones, don't despair! Start checking other stores this time of year, and keep your ears peeled for sales. Or if you have the patience and don't have the need just yet...wait for next year's end of season sale.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment