Monday, March 21, 2011



The Makeup: Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner, in Blackest Black
The Store: Walmart (available in most beauty stores)
The Price: $10 CAD




Maybelline Lasting Drama is:
Oil-free formula holds highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base
• Smudge-proof and waterproof for 24 hours
• Most intense line for lasting drama
• Safe for sensitive eyes and ophthalmologist-tested
• Contact lens safe




Pro's: *Very* long lasting wear, Highly pigmented color, Included brush, Non-irritating.
When they say this product lasts 24 hours...thats a bit of an understatement - for me it was closer to 48 hours. It does come off with makeup wipes, but during the process your eyes end up looking like an emo kid with non-waterproof mascara. So, for personal preference, I like to take a q-tip to it on day 2 (to remove the excess smudged liner), and it leaves a nice filled in look on your lash line. The best part about this liner is if you rub your eyes and some of the liner gets in them, it won't irritate the hell out of them (I have extremely sensitive eyes, so this is a HUGE bonus).

The gel liner comes with a handy little liner brush, which compared to most "included" applicators actually works pretty well. The Lasting drama liner glides on really smoothly, and the color is incredibly dark and pigmented, which is perfect for pictures where you want your makeup to actually show up.

Cons: Hard to get off, Limited color range.
I really wish this liner came in more than 4 colors (Black, brown, charcoal, and eggplant), but that being said, they have the basic colors covered at the very least. In the future, I'm hoping they make a lighter shade of black, because as much as I love Blackest Black, it isn't meant to be "everyday wear" makeup. And as stated before, this stuff isn't easy to take off, but that can also be a positive, depending on how you look at it.

Verdict:
Most people wont need a product like this, but its one of my absolute favorites, so I would definitely recommend it if you have a need for it, or even just like playing with makeup. Kudo's to Maybelline for living up to the product claims as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of the long lasting eyeliners.
    For my brand, I found the Rimmel makeup remover to be the best. At $6 a bottle (Walmart) it has proved to be one of my best makeup kit bargains.

    ReplyDelete