Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fa(t)shion Friday: Going Out

*Puts on blindfold and waits for gunfire* I've only had this blog two weeks, and I've already managed to have a late post - so go ahead and shoot me. I got so caught up being busy the last two days (I've literally not been home at all) that I completely forgot to set up my Friday post ahead of time. The good news is I'll post about what I wore last night, since I think I was going to post about it soon anyway - and since its late I'll do two articles of clothing (and they go together anyway....).



Jon and me being dorks at a Royksopp concert last night (AMAZING, btw).



The Clothes: Canyon Blues Cowl-neck Sweater Dress, B.L.E.U. Leggings
The Store: Sears
The Price: $12 USD (or $8 and $4, respectively)


Pro's: Stretchy leggings, *Very* cheap, Easy to mix and match, Dress was true to size.
Although the leggings only go to size XL, I'd say you could easily fit up to a petite 2X (seriously, the waist touches the band on my bra...built in tummy tucker...yay?). At full price the leggings were only $10, and they go with pretty much everything, so thats a purchase I can get behind! The dress was a true XL (careful, the arms might be a bit tight), but being so short, I can sometimes get away with wearing that size.

Cons: Small size range, wears out quickly.
XL was the the largest size I found for both brands. The dress didn't have a ton of stretch to it, whereas the leggings were the complete opposite. Both articles were cheap quality, and are starting to pill after 3 wearings now.

The Verdict:

Sometimes when you buy cheap, you get cheap, which is what both of these pieces are, but for the price and the soon to be changing clothing season, thats something I'm willing to sacrifice $12 to. Neither are still available online, but may be found in store still at Sears (in the discount racks).

No comments:

Post a Comment