Monday, March 28, 2011

Makeup Monday: Maybelline Falsies Mascara



The Makeup: Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies (Washable), in Very Black
The Store: Walmart (available in most beauty stores)
The Price: $8 CAD



(Without, and with Falsies mascara)

False lash glam, instantly!
• Patented Spoon Brush fans out lashes from corner-to-corner, while our Pro-Keratin formula instantly builds volume without clumping
• Unique flexible wand helps to lift and separate lashes to provide the look of 300% more visible, fuller lashes, no gaps from any angle
• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested
• Washable, also available in Waterproof formula


Pros: Coats individual lashes, Washable.
As a general rule, the smaller the mascara brush, the easier it is to get even the smallest lashes, but for some reason the large curved brush that Volum' Express Falsies provided worked just as well. Immediately after putting this mascara on, I have to say I was really pleased with the look. It evenly coated even my thin bottom lashes, and even lightly curled and coated my decidedly straight upper lashes. What I liked most is that although it added volume, it didnt make my lashes look really clumpy (we've all seen those women who look like they have 6 lashes), which is definitely a bonus.

Cons: Starts flaking after a few hours, Irritating to eyes, Doesn't come close to false lash look..
The Falsies mascara is unfortunately pretty flaky, and I might go so far as saying its the flakiest I've ever bought. I dont think it survived 5 hours, which left me a bit disappointed. Also, although Maybelline says its contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested - its *really* irritating if you happen to rub your eyes. Although the mascara coats your lashes really well, it doesn't come remotely close to looking like you're wearing false lashes. I didnt really expect it would, but I hate when companies make really unrealistic claims.

The Verdict:
I'm coming to the conclusion that washable mascara's are a waste of money. I do like this mascara, and what it does for my lashes, but in my experience you should always go for the waterproof version of a mascara if its available.

No comments:

Post a Comment