Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Shoe Review: Bongo Femy Mary Jane Pumps



The Shoe: Bongo Femy Mary Jane Pumps, Red (also comes in black), 9.5.
The Store: K-Mart
The Price: $10 USD




I bought these shoes a month or two ago and settled in to a happy little pinup-shoe loving relationship, until recently. I've just discovered they come in BLACK! Now, I already have about 15 pairs of black pumps, but......I need these! Nothing like a cute pair of heels to make me want to cheat on my other shoes ;)

Pro's: Comfortable round toe, Thicker heel, Mid-range height.
I love heels, love, love, love them, but I cant really walk in them to save my soul. Or so I thought. And then, one day...I discovered heels with thicker, lower heels. It was like day and night. Mind you, I still cant wear heels all day, but a half day is a big step up from not at all!

These heels feature a thicker 2.5" heel, for all day wear that wont completely kill your arches; as well as a rounded toe for those of us that dont like pinched toes! Although these weren't wide width, they were accommodating enough to my feet that I dont mind.

Cons: Upturned toe, Difficult buckle.

One of the very few things I disliked about these shoes was the fact that the pad of the foot was slightly upturned, I am assuming for ease of walking. All they did for me is throw off my walking ability until I got used to the feel. The other downside is that the heart buckle, although really cute is really difficult to work with. I quite literally can't do the buckle up while these are actually on my feet. Luckily, the strap sits low enough on the foot that you can just do the buckle up, and then put on the shoe without too much difficulty.

Verdict:
Difficult buckle or no, I love these shoes so much that I want to buy one in each color. The price had me sold from the first time I saw them (they were $20, buy one get one half off), and now that they're even cheaper, thats even more reason for me to buy another pair.

Buy at K-Mart

No comments:

Post a Comment