Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Shoe Review: Aldo Gold Twist Flats



The Shoe: Aldo "Twist" flat in Gold, Sz 9
The Store: Value Village
The Price: $8 CAD


Pros: Cheap price, Gorgeous shoe, Good brand.
Buying from a thrift store occasionally yields incredible results - and this was one of those times. The regular retail of these shoes is around $50-70, and finding these in fantastic condition for $8 is a steal. These particular ones stood out like a beacon of light beckoning me to them, and after seeing the size, I immediately put them in my cart (I should have tried them on, but thats a different story). The shoe itself, although it has a cloth-type upper, is very solidly constructed, with a thick sole, and tiny kitten heel.

Cons: Narrow pointed toe, D'orsay style.
Being as I didn't try these on before I bought them, I didnt have a chance to find out that the pad of this shoe is a bit on the narrow side, which caused my toes to be squished like sardines. Also, the fact that these are flats with a D'orsay style (side cut out) is not a plus to me. I like the style just fine, but living in the land of the frozen North, you tend to want shoes that cover your feet well, lest you get snow in your shoe!!

The Verdict:
Although these are very pretty flats, I made a snap decision to buy them, and think I will be weeding them out of my closet soon. I know I'll end up repeating this a few times, but always try things on!! (I let shoes be my exception usually since the size range doesn't vary dramatically).

No comments:

Post a Comment