Friday, April 15, 2011

Fa(t)shion Friday: Va-Va-Voom



The Clothes: Red Halter Dress, Sz 16
The Store: Ricki's (Canada)
The Price: $30 CAD (Originally $130 CAD)


This dress is one of the reasons I am a complete advocate of getting store discount cards - especially if they're free. If you don't use them, no big deal, and if you do use them, you can get some pretty amazing returns. This particular instance was that Ricki's was having a 50% off sale, and it opened a day early for members (Nothing picked over yet!), I also had a coupon for $25 off, when you spend $75 or more (cheap accessory to cover that price), and another $20 off coupon for my birthday. Right place, right time? Yes, I think so.

Pros: Hugs your curves, Gorgeous color.
Let me start off by saying, as soon as I walked in the store, this dress was like a neon-flashing light to me. Something in my brain clicked on and said "look at the pretty color!". Its hard to see from the picture, but the dress is ruby-red, with a gold undertone. In addition to being really pleasing to the eyes, the gold reflects on your skin, making you look like you have a nice healthy golden glow (which is amazing because I am pasty right now!!). The fabric has a subtle stretch to it, which is great because it hugs your curves, and kind of makes you look like a 40's starlet. Va-va-voom!

Cons: Poly-blend fabric.
I dont know what it is about poly-blend fabrics, but I HATE the feeling. This stuff feels like windbreaker material to be, which is a huge downfall, but at the same time I love the dress itself so much that I am willing to ignore it for an evening out.

The Verdict:
I needed a party dress, and I happened to find a gorgeous dress for less than most cheap articles of clothing. This was a definite buy for me (I am sure I'll find another reson to wear this gorgeous dress too!!).

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that is a really great dress. Wish I had the top to fill it like you do!!

    ReplyDelete